Track and field events can lead to personal injuries due to the negligence of the premises maintenance staff. In such instances the liability will be on the event organizers or the premises owners. This is an important parameter which needs to be investigated and determined. The personal injury lawyer will be able to do it an effective manner with his experience in handling such cases.
http://www.yourlawyer.com/ could be your first place to visit, if you wish to get the best of personal injury lawyers. Here you can find some of the best lawyers specializing in sports related injuries. The can take up the case and start with the initial investigation. Before that you need to file a report with the local police about the incident.
Investigation of Personal Injury
- The lawyer needs medical reports to initiate the investigation. Hence it is important for you to get immediate medical attention after the accident. You need to follow all the procedures as advised by the doctors and get the copy of medical reports to the investigating lawyer. You also need to secure all the related bills and preserve them. They will be helpful in calculating the compensation sum at a later stage in the legal proceedings.
- The first task is to locate the exact accident spot. This requires your active assistance. The lawyer may seek the permission of law enforcement authorities to seal the spot to avoid any intrusion which might tamper the evidences. Then he may draw a sketch on the spot to mark the “fall”.
- He collects samples of the soil and other objects from the spot. Then takes photographs of the spot along with your injury.
- Weather and ground conditions are recorded and documented. Since this has to be relevant with the time of incident, you need to avoid delay in contact the personal injury lawyer after the accident.
- Your lawyer may contact the possible witnesses who might have been present around the spot at the time of accident. The ground staff might be helpful in this regard. You may also identify some of the witnesses.
- After checking the ground conditions, the lawyer may check on the history of accidents in that ground. This will help him determine the vulnerable nature of conditions and point out the liability of the premises owner.
- Any sort of defects which may lead to risk of injuries for the participants can be proved as points of liability for the premises owners. The lawyer will also check on the history of previous complaints made against the premises owner / event organizers in that ground.
- The lawyer will also investigate the negligence on part of the claimant to wear safety equipment. If he was wearing such equipment, the quality and reliability of those equipment are put to test. This will help determine their defects. If any defects are found, the manufacturer/supplier will also be considered to be added int the list of liable parties. The combination of spot investigation, forensic reports and medical evidences will be used by the personal injury lawyer to create the related evidences documents.